Monday, May 23, 2011

This is CNN (!?!)

I can think of one person who will never be trusted with weekend copy-editing duties again.


That's a screen shot of a real headline from a CNN website. A headline that was fed to dozens of other sites that have set up auto-syndication with CNN.

I wouldn't have let a headline like that on the page of the college newspaper section I edited 20+ years ago, yet there it is on a dozen websites, brought to us by what is supposedly a major news organization.

I knew journalistic standards have slipped, but I had no idea how far. Maybe I should be applying for editorial jobs at newspapers and websites. Apparently, you don't actually need to possess any level of decorum or respectability. Looks like I should get back into the journalism field on a professional level, because I'd fit right in these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment