Monday, May 2, 2011

Blogging A to Z: The Afterword

The originator of the Blogging A to Z April Challenge has asked that participant make posts about what they've learned this month.


Well, I learned that I CAN post nonsense every day on the Cinema Steve blog, but it comes at the expense of the other blogs. Usually, this blog sees two or three posts a week (at most) with two or three of my other blogs seeing a similar amount. While what went on here was merely a concentrated version of what usually happens here--with a post every day instead of every two-three days--the time spent here meant less posting happened elsewhere. Not good overall, I think. I also discovered a number of new and interesting blogs and greatly expanded the list ones I subscribe to but rarely have time to actually read. :)

By the time "S" approached, I had figured out to research posts for several blogs at once, hence the emergence of a Cab Calloway mini-postfest, with material appearing both here and at Shades of Gray. It's something that's happened on my blogs before, usually by accident more than design (unless it was a planned blogathon) but maybe it's something I'll try to do more often.

I've also confirmed that, despite an ever-growing number of hits, not many people make comments. The poll and direct appeal for them proved that. Oh well... I suppose I can be happy with the fact that they drop by!

If you missed any of the A to Z posts, here's a convenient list of them all.

A: April Fools Advice
B: Blues for Allah (music video)
C: Catwoman: The Catfiles (graphic novel review)
D: Doctor Who and the Pyramids of Mars (movie review)
E: Enemy Ace Archives (graphic novel reviews)
F: Fatboy Slim and Christopher Walken in Reverse! (music video)


G: Graphic Novels and Comic Book Reviews
H: Health Care AND Heroes
I: Infidelity Always Leads to Disaster (movie review)
J: John Carter's Eternal Love
K: Krazy Kat and the Heppy Land, Furfur Away
L: Late
M: Mike Oldfield (music videos)
N: Nobody
O: Office Staff AND Oatmeal at McDonald's (Food review)
P: The Pause that Refreshes


Q: Question of the Day
R: Relationship Advice AND Repent! (ya only gots 30 days left!)
S: Sesame Street: Then and Now (music videos)
T: Terrorist Twits
U: Unbelievable Stupidity (Jailbird Parade post)
V: 'Vampirella: The Dracula War' (graphic novel review)
W: W is for... Waresh, Wind, and Wave
X: Xtro: The Complete 'Trilogy' (movie reviews)
Y: You... yes, YOU!
Z: Zombie movies you may not have seen (but should)!

My thanks to everyone who dropped by in April. I hope you found something interesting or amusing during your stay! (And thanks to my regular readers. Please take the poll on the sidebar, so I know what emphasize as things settle back into the regular routine around here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment